- Speak The Dead (English Edition)
When Sally Blue was six years old, sleeping peacefully in her bed, a gunshot woke her up and subsequently ripped her world apart.
Jolted awake by the scary noise, Sally ran to her parent’s bedroom for comfort. Instead, she found her mother slumped against the headboard, her ravaged nightdress drenched from a double-barreled wound.
Climbing on the bed, Sally cradled her mother’s head against her tiny chest, mindless of the blood and the cloying stench of death. There was no sign of her father, and Sally was too frightened to call out, when a voice from deep within her dead mother’s throat screamed: “Run, Sally! Run!”
Twenty-five years later, Sally has finally stopped running. She finds peace among the dead as a mortician’s beautician, and on the night of a strange murder that reawakens a special gift within her, she actually meets an interesting man: Jersey Castle, homicide detective by day, punk rock drummer by night.
But what Sally doesn’t know is that someone has been hunting for her all this time, and now that she’s passed his test of blood, he will stop at nothing to bring her home again.
- Les grands personnages de l'histoire en BD: Images Doc
Au sommaire des bandes dessinees :
Jules Cesar, Christophe Colomb, Victor Hugo, Zinedine Zidane...
Et plus precisement :
• Antiquite : Ramses II, Alexandre le Grand, Qin Shihuangdi, Jules Cesar, Cleopatre, Jesus.
• Moyen Age : Pakal le Grand, Charlemagne, Erik le Rouge, Marco Polo, Avicenne, Guillaume le Conquerant, Alienor d'Aquitaine, Mansa Moussa, Jeanne d'Arc.
• Renaissance : Christophe Colomb, Leonard de Vinci, Catherine de Medicis,
Henri IV, Galilee.
• Temps modernes : Louis IX, Moliere, Kangxi, Ann Bonny, Mozart, Toussaint Louverture, Louis XVI.
• XIXe siecle : Napoleon, Victor Hugo, Charles Darwin, Louis Pasteur, Sitting Bull, Thomas Edison, Alexandre Graham Bell, Vincent Van Gogh.
• XXe siecle a nos jours : Roald Amundsen, Henri Matisse, Charlie Chaplin, Charles Lindberg, Mohandas Gandhi, Albert Einstein, Charles de Gaulle, Ann Frank, Nelson Mandela, Rosa Parks, Elisabeth II, Jane Goodal, Alan Turing, Youri Gagarine, Michael Jackson, Barack Obama, Zinedine Zidane, Malala.
Soit plus de 50 BD completees par 150 fiches redigees sur d'autres grands personnages de l'Histoire.
- Stranger Case T06
Épaulée par Kurô, Kotoko poursuit sa lutte acharnée contre la Femme d’acier, le monstre imaginaire engendré par Rikka. Grâce à ses deux premières hypothèses, Kotoko a réduit le nombre de partisans qui soutiennent l’existence du spectre.
Pour sa troisième théorie, elle décide d’enfoncer le clou en utilisant Hatsumi Nanase, la sœur aînée de Karin…
Kotoko et Kurô parviendront-ils à vaincre définitivement le monstre imaginaire ?
- Tell No One: A Novel (English Edition)
Their desperate secret. Her desperate search. A shattering truth exposed.
Caroline Corbett wants nothing to do with her father, Hoff, a man who abandoned her as a young girl and then vanished from her life almost thirty years ago. But when her beloved aunt expresses a dying wish to see him once more, Caroline, despite her failing marriage and other personal troubles, drops everything to look for him.
Harris Fenton found the father figure he’d dreamed of when he turned eight and his mother married Hoff—but his disappearance four years later left Harris with scars he carries even now that he is a father himself. While he has a beautiful family and a great job, he’s hiding a shameful secret and a nightmare from his childhood.
Caroline’s search for Hoff soon uncovers a host of disturbing clues and draws a threat of violence. Her mind churns with memories of her troubled history, while Harris is losing the battle against his own demons. But for both of them, dredging up the past will be dangerous, and confronting the truth could prove life shattering.
- Unfollow Me: An absolutely gripping psychological thriller (English Edition)
'Gripping, scarily realistic and unpredictable - brilliant!' - Karen Hamilton, author of The Perfect Girlfriend
You can't stop watching her.
Violet Young is a hugely popular journalist-turned-mummy-influencer, with three children, a successful husband and a million subscribers on YouTube who tune in daily to watch her everyday life unfold.
Until the day she's no longer there.
But one day she disappears from the online world - her entire social media presence deleted overnight, with no explanation. Has she simply decided that baring her life to all online is no longer a good idea, or has something more sinister happened to Violet?
But do you really know who Violet is?
Her fans are obsessed with finding out the truth, but their search quickly reveals a web of lies, betrayal, and shocking consequences...
'A timely, page-turner of a novel, that asks the reader to think about all the ways we judge women, both personally and professionally' - Araminta Hall, author of Our Kind of Cruelty